Friday 26 December 2008

I've recently begun asking myself a question: If i could do anything I wanted to in the world - without any consideration - without having to worry about livelihood, boudaries, rights and wrongs and wot-nots - what would I do? Would I still be studying towards the degree I am doing? Would I still want to work where I will soon be working?

Probably not...

So is my life then exactly how I want it to be?

Probably not...

I'm not really living my ideal life. In my ideal world I would be on the stage, enchanting my audience, and drowning in the shouts of Encore! Or perhaps I'd be exploring the world and capuring it in a frame. In the ideal world.


Maybe, if I did get this perfect world of mine the stage would lose its charm and I'd crave for something else. Perhaps travelling the world would become tiresome, and I'd long for routine.

Is there anybody out there who is living their Utopia? I have a question for them. Once Utopia is found is it still Utopia? Or do Utopians too long for something else - their Utopia?

Can man ever be pleased with his lot in life?

4 comments:

siras said...

Well, I for one am not in a position to answer that question!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Cheer up! Change is the 'spice' of life. Therefore, no Utopia is really Utopia - it is just another rung on the ladder of life!

Unknown said...

gg

Unknown said...

Yeah, I agree now :)

Utopia can be anywhere you make the decision to be happy, even if you didn't think you'd be happy!