Tuesday 15 July 2008

The joys of losing


OK, maybe it happens to everyone. Maybe I'm not alone. I find myself losing things I don't want to lose and not losing items that I wouldn't mind losing. Almost as though these items that walk away from me do so knowingly - just to tick me off for not loving them enough. Perhaps?

Yesterday, for the second time in the last month I lost my debit card. This would have been the third time I lost it in the last three years. That's one card a year. In the last three years I have also lost my driver's license three times. That's one card a year. I've lost my university ID two times in the last three years. Doing better there!!! Probably because it costs £10 to replace it.

As much as I try, I just can't seem to find a way to make myself more aware of my belongings. So the last time I lost my wallet I decided that I would divide and rule. I put all my cards in different parts of my bag. I now have a coin purse, a travel card wallet, and an 'other cards wallet'. The only thing I didn't realise then was that I now had more things to keep track of. Not for long though, I realised that yesterday, when I lost my coin purse.

Unfortunately, my coin purse also had my debit card in it. Because Maestro is the new money. I had to pull myself away from the pot noodles in Sainsbury's, because I had no cash and no card - I realised that my coin purse had gone missing.

Traced back my steps - in my mind - I have a feeling I dropped it in the rubbish bin as I was leaving work. All night I dreamt about sifting through piles of rubbish, banana peels, left over chinese take away, packets of crisps, a dead rat?! and crumpled paper looking for a little white coin purse with a pink glittery bow.

The restless night was enveloped by a moody morning that couldn't decide whether to pick sunny clothes or cloudy clothes. A globally significant decision, one to alter our lives. So I let ithe morning take its time making up its mind - the last thing I wanted to do was to get into Mother Nature's bad books! I had more important things on my mind anyway.

I walked in to work, and what should my gaze land upon? My very own coin purse, it sat there, there was even an imaginary comforting glow radiating from it. I've checked it now, and all its contents are safe!

And that's how my day started!

Love Love
Sana
x

No comments: